This blog lists five unusual and unique simulations carried out in COMSOL Multiphysics, illustrating the comprehensive capabilities of the software and the fascinating side of modeling and simulation for science, research, and engineering.
9The rise of the smart industry with cutting-edge industrial equipment and smart factories is causing a shift in the traditional manufacturing landscape. The machines used in modern production and the equipment used in modern material handling are now highly integrated mechatronic systems with a considerable amount of embedded software. Industrial Automation and Machinery engineers can choose from various techniques and methods to address the increasing complexity of modern production equipment and the demands for higher flexibility.
MathWorks®, COMSOL®, and Speedgoat products can help engineers build improved and optimized equipment for flexibility, dependability, and efficiency to reach the expected level of functionality and quality.
- Verify and optimize designs for the best performance
- Develop virtual prototypes and digital twins
- Couple electromagnetics with heat transfer, structural mechanics, fluid flow, and other physical phenomena
- Test different geometries, thermocouple configurations, and material selection
- Build, solve, and post-process models
- Perform cosimulation with Simulink.
- Evaluate EMI/EMC considerations and thermal management of airborne electronic equipment
- Build simulation apps
- Reduce the development time of industrial control algorithms.
- Deploy model-based designs in real-time when working on control systems and interface them with any manufacturing plant device.
- Develop, tune, and test motion control algorithms
- Validate industrial equipment throughout all stages of development in real-time with Hardware-in-the-Loop
- Execute digital twins of any hardware components in real-time target machines.
- Ensure that all the electronic control units’ functionality, safety, and certification requirements are met
Blogs and user stories
Stay up to date with the industry's latest trends and learn the best pactices to innovate and optimize your engineering designs.
In this blog, we discuss the benefits of the interactive real-time testing workflow using Simulink together with Speedgoat testing solutions.
In this blog and inserted video, recorded at the SciEngineering Conference 2022, we delve deeper into the world of Rapid Control Prototyping (RCP) and Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) testing and how RCP and HIL testing can be utilized to detect design flaws early in the development process.
Learn more about the capabilities of COMSOL Multiphysics for modeling battery packs. We go over the two types of battery models available in…
Artificial intelligence (AI) is seen as a promising technology that can help leading OEMs to maintain their position as market leaders. In this post, read about how AI is changing the manufacturing sector, as well as its potential advantages and potential drawbacks.
MATLAB and Simulink enable engineers to design, simulate, and deploy AI algorithms, models, and AI-driven systems.
New method for achieving a lower Crest Factor (CF)