In this blog, the SZEnergy team members discuss how their dedication and MATLAB optimization turned their 6th-place car into a record-breaking Mileage Challenge winner. The blog explores the team’s journey to victory in the Autonomous Challenge and their commitment to innovation with MATLAB.
The global automotive industry is undergoing dramatic change due to emerging market development, the rapid rise of new technologies, increasing pressure to innovate, environmental concerns, and shifting consumer preferences.
Automotive engineers must constantly look for innovative approaches to shorten the product development life cycle and gain an advantage over their competitors. Modeling and simulation play a crucial role in this endeavor.
MathWorks®, COMSOL ®, and Speedgoat products can help engineers streamline their development processes and deliver products that minimize environmental impact while improving operational safety, increasing performance, and delivering new comfort levels.
- Investigate design concept for production
- Optimize design for best performance
- Develop virtual prototypes and digital twins
- Couple electromagnetics with heat transfer, structural mechanics, fluid flow, and other physical phenomena
- Test different geometries, thermocouple configurations, and material selection
- Build, solve, and post-process models
- Perform cosimulation with Simulink
- Simulate complete acoustics on the basis of a vehicle’s CAD model
- Build simulation apps
- Execute, iterate, calibrate, and test new control designs in real-time.
- Rapidly prototype and test supervisory strategies and controls designed with Simulink.
- Calibrate and bypass applications.
- Use digital twins in physical hardware for automated testing of controllers
- Design and test processes of the user experience (UX) and interfaces.
- Verify the successful operation of individual components in complex vehicle networks.
- Prototype and ECU test options for the development of smart and power-efficient cabin and comfort controls.
- Ensure that all the electronic control units’ functionality, safety, and certification requirements are met
Blogs and user stories
Stay up to date with the industry's latest trends and learn the best pactices to innovate and optimize your engineering designs.
This blog lists five unusual and unique simulations carried out in COMSOL Multiphysics, illustrating the comprehensive capabilities of the software and the fascinating side of modeling and simulation for science, research, and engineering.
In this blog, we discuss the benefits of the interactive real-time testing workflow using Simulink together with Speedgoat testing solutions.
As part of an innovative collaboration between BAYZ Audio and Gamax Laboratory Solutions, the worlds of sound and simulation have harmonized to create a revolutionary loudspeaker. BAYZ Audio has reached a spectacular achievement in crafting an unparalleled loudspeaker using COMSOL Multiphysics, shortening the design and production timeline by one-third and reducing costs by 70%.
In this blog and inserted video, recorded at the SciEngineering Conference 2022, we delve deeper into the world of Rapid Control Prototyping (RCP) and Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) testing and how RCP and HIL testing can be utilized to detect design flaws early in the development process.
In this blog, we discuss the Finite Element Method and its advantages in the Aerospace and Defense industry. The following also delves into the comprehensive capabilities of COMSOL Multiphysics for applying FEM.
In this blog, we discuss what is Reduced Order Modeling(ROM), how ROM can be used to solve problems quickly and maximize your time and effort, and how you can create a reduced order model based on Neural Networks in MATLAB.