Fuel Cell and Electrolyzer Systems Development with COMSOL Multiphysics
1 hour | Free | Online | Arpad Forberger
The rising focus on green energy sources for transportation and power generation has led to increased interest in fuel cells and electrolyzers as solutions for reducing greenhouse gas emissions and the negative impact of car pollutants. However, the high R&D costs associated with these technologies have been a major obstacle for the majority of companies. To overcome this challenge, engineers can use COMSOL Multiphysics® simulation software to accurately understand and design fuel cells and electrolyzer systems in a time- and cost-effective manner.
During this interactive webinar, we will discuss how COMSOL Multiphysics can help engineers to develop fuel cell and electrolyzer systems efficiently.
During this Webinar, you will learn how to:
- Simulate multiphysics phenomena in fuel cells, including fluid flow, heat transfer, and chemical reactions.
- Model electrochemical cell components
- Design different types of fuel cell and electrolyzer systems
- Proton exchange membrane fuel cells (
- Hydroxide exchange (alkaline) fuel cells
- Molten carbonate fuel cells
- Solid oxide fuel cells
- Evaluate operating conditions through electrode configuration and membrane simulation.
- Model single-phase and multiphase flow in gas diffusion electrodes.
- Fuel cell module introduction
- Fuel cell modeling
- What’s new in COMSOL 6.1
- Boundary conditions
- Managing large models
- Electric motor model updates
Please allow approximately 60 minutes to attend the presentation and Q&A session.