Lithium-ion (Li-ion) batteries are currently the most popular option used in electric and hybrid vehicles, as well as consumer gadgets and energy storage devices. When it comes to modeling Li-ion batteries, different levels of complexity are required depending on the goal of your simulation. The Battery Design Module is an add-on to the COMSOL Multiphysics® software, and it includes descriptions over a wide range of scales. These scales range from the detailed structures in the porous electrode of the battery all the way up to the battery pack scale, which also includes thermal management systems.
During this webinar, we will talk about:
- COMSOL 6.1 new and updated features that can help you advance your battery design simulations.
- Examples of how to optimize devices’ performance and lifetime.
- New features for modeling thermal runaway of batteries.
- What is COMSOL Multiphysics?
- Fields and areas of batteries
- Different levels of battery models, thermal runaway modeling
- Further steps in the workflow: cosimulation, BMS, and active cooling possibilities
After attending this webinar, you will have a clear understanding:
- Of the steps and features of the Battery Design Module for electrification applications
- How to model a lithium-ion battery in COMSOL Multiphysics®
- How to use simulation to predict and optimize current and voltage calculations
- How to consider related engineering concerns, such as battery heating and stresses.
Please allow approximately 45 minutes to attend the presentation and Q&A session. We will be recording this webinar, so if you can’t make it for the live broadcast, register and we will send you a link to watch it on-demand.
About the Speaker
Register now and start learning!
December 7, 2022 | 1:00 pm
45 min | Free | online | Arpad Forberger
In order to be notified about our upcoming webinars, training courses, and other events, subscribe to our newsletter.
December 7, 2022 | 1:00 pm | Advanced Battery Modeling with COMSOL
Please fill out the form below to register.